Head of Furnace and Water Treatment
Is metallurgy a dusty, old-fashioned environment? Not at all! The steel industry is reinventing itself! Steel is everywhere. Join the adventure and discover modern practices and technological facilities that are well worth the diversions. The NLMK Group is one of the biggest players in the steel industry and one of the most efficient in the world. We are present in 7 countries and have 20 production sites. And we're not stopping there! We know why we exist. We believe in our strategy. We are driven by strong values. The only thing missing is you. Make a big impact and shape the future of a carbon-neutral steel industry with us!
- Ensure the availability and performance of the slab reheating furnaces.
- To ensure the availability and performance of the furnace cooling circuit.
- Ensure the availability and performance of water treatment (decarbonation and ubuchim).
- Develop and implement solutions to improve furnace and water treatment.
- Ensure the availability and performance of furnaces and water treatment plants.
- Manage furnaces and water treatment in terms of processes and teams:
Manage the quality of work,
Ensure parts availability,
Coordinate and train staff
- Manage the furnace maintenance plan (spare parts, consumables, preventive work, etc.).
- Manage site processes (site opening, consignment, etc.) and subcontractors associated with the two sectors.
- Manage the water treatment contract and its maintenance plan.
- Participating in drawing up and monitoring the operating and investment budget
- Manage the CAPEX programmes associated with the two areas
- Working with Procurement to optimise the list of suppliers and subcontractors
- Demonstrate leadership in safety by example.
- Deploy the various management methods for safety, quality and compliance with ISO standards.
Hold a bachelor's degree in electro-mechanics and have 4 to 5 years' experience in a similar position or in reliability or maintenance in the heavy industry sector
- A degree in electro-mechanical engineering with 2 to 3 years' experience in a similar position or in reliability or maintenance in the heavy industry sector.
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance planning systems.
- Ability to coordinate teams, sub-contractors and all the various parties involved in order to achieve the objectives set (no hierarchical link)
- Ability to assess and manage risks in both sectors
- Demonstrate a good ability to delegate in order to cover the scope of the tasks to be carried out
- Propose improvements and implement processes, documentation, checklists, etc.
- Demonstrate autonomy, resourcefulness and the ability to take responsibility
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional departments (communication, information exchange, etc.)
- be a hands-on person with analytical skills
- Demonstrate versatility in terms of knowledge of several maintenance subjects (electricity, hydraulics, mechanics, etc.)
- Ability to use a wide range of tools and techniques
- Basic knowledge of English
- Ability to solve local problems and be proactive in improving workflow and standards
French & English
Do you want to be part of a team where everyone has their say? Do you want to work in a fast-moving environment with plenty of opportunities for career development? You can make a difference and have your voice heard at NLMK Europe!
This is a unique opportunity to start, develop and grow in one of the world's most successful steel companies. NLMK's success is based on the strength of a team with family values and a strong international presence. A team that improves and innovates every day to be better than yesterday. Excellence, customer satisfaction and safety are our key drivers.